Compared with the austenitic stainless steel, duplex stainless steel of the advantages are as follows:
(1) High yield strength than conventional austenitic stainless steel more than doubled, and has molded plastic needs adequate toughness. With wall thickness of duplex stainless steel tank or pressure vessel than the usual 30-50% austenite, help to reduce costs.
(2) Excellent resistance to stress corrosion cracking ability, even an alloy containing the lowest amount of duplex stainless steel have higher capacity than the austenitic stainless steel resistance to stress corrosion cracking, especially in chloride ion environments. Stress corrosion is a common austenitic stainless outstanding problems difficult to solve.
(3) In many applications the most common medium of 2205 duplex stainless steel 316L corrosion resistance than ordinary austenitic stainless steel, and super duplex stainless steel with high corrosion resistance, and then some of the medium, such as acetic acid, formic acid, etc., may even replace the high-alloy austenitic stainless steel, as well as corrosion resistant alloys.
(4) A good resistance to localized corrosion, compared with the equivalent alloy content of austenitic stainless steel, its resistance to corrosion and wear and fatigue resistance are superior to austenitic stainless steel.
(5) Linear expansion coefficient than austenitic stainless steel is low, and carbon steel close for connection and carbon steel has important engineering significance, such as the production of composite panels and linings.
(6) Whether under dynamic load or static load conditions than the austenitic stainless steel has a higher energy absorption capacity, which structure to cope with incidents such as collisions, explosions, duplex stainless steel have obvious advantages, practical value.
Post time: Oct-16-2019