Galvanized carbon steel is steel that has gone through a chemical process to keep it from corroding. The steel gets coated in layers of zinc oxide because this protective metal does not get rusty as easily. The coating also gives the steel a more durable, hard to scratch finish that many people find attractive. For countless outdoor, marine, or industrial applications, galvanized steel is an essential fabrication component.
Elements have an impact on the performance of galvanized carbon steel:
(1) carbon atoms; the higher the carbon content, the higher the hardness of rigid, but it is worse plasticity and toughness;
(2) sulfur; steel harmful debris, high sulfur steel in high temperature pressure processing, easy to rattle, often called hot brittleness.
Plasticity and toughness of the steel can decrease significantly, particularly at low temperatures is more serious, a phenomenon known as cold brittleness;
(3) phosphorus. In the high-quality steel, sulfur and phosphorus must be strictly controlled. But on the other hand, the high content of sulfur and phosphorus in the low carbon steel, so that it can be easily cut off, to improve the machinability of steel is advantageous.
(4) manganese; can improve the strength of steel, can weaken and eliminate the adverse effects of sulfur, and can improve the hardenability of steel, high manganese content of high-alloy steel (high manganese steel) with good wear resistance and other physical properties.
(5) silicon; which can improve the hardness of the steel, but the plasticity and toughness decreases, electrical steel contains a certain amount of silicon, to improve the soft magnetic properties.
(6) tungsten; improves red hardness of steel and heat resistance, and can improve the wear resistance of steel.
(7) chromium; improves hardenability and wear resistance of steel to improve corrosion resistance and antioxidant effects.
Galvanized carbon steel can be found almost everywhere. Many individuals live in steel frame houses, and buildings are often made with galvanized steel roofs. There are multiple steel parts in cars that help protect them from the weather, and it’s used in many marine applications due to its ability to withstand the salt and the elements. Besides being inexpensive, durable and effective, this metal is also popular because it can be recycled and reused multiple times.
Post time: Oct-17-2019